Weekly Reflection.
This past week has gone by so quickly. I feel like the past 3 weeks have just flown by. I am going to defiantly miss working at the sail loft. The people there are so friendly and defiantly helped in making our time at the loft more enjoyable and productive. Not only was our sponsor, Ben helping us but also all of the employees, they really accepted us and helped us is our day-to-day activities. I feel like this week my sewing improved dramatically. I finally can sew in a straight line and control the stitching instead of the sewing machine controlling me. Sail sewing machines are much more powerful that regular sewing machines and harder to control. I can now find everything in the loft. When I first went to the loft I felt like it was so busy and complex and now I know where everything from a stapler to dustpan is found. By this week I really felt like I could be of assistance in the loft. Ben could ask us to do something and I would know what he meant and how to do it. On Monday of the week Trilbey and I took the Rhode Island safe power boating exam. Studying and taking this exam taught me a lot about how boats work and a lot about safe boating. The safe power boating license is a prerequisite to a course that I am required to take for my summer job as a sailing instructor. This week really wrapped up what we have been doing with our time at the loft.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment